Plate Tectonics Explorer will make it simple to access Earth
Data that you can use to support the theory of plate tectonics. Rather
than simply tell you about plate tectonics, this provides you an
opportunity to gather evidence and write a scientific argument in
support of the theory. The ability to argue from evidence is a critical
skill, not only for Earth scientists, but for all.
Suggestions for getting started:
Some things to be aware of:
- First you should get some familiarity with the theory of plate tectonics.
- Watch the tutorial movies. These are very short and will save you time figuring out the app.
- Click the "Go To Map' button and start exploring.
Click here to go to the Tutorial Movies
- You will want to get the data you want displayed on the map and profile areas
- The images of these 2 areas can be exported to image files
- The captured images are then combined and annotated to make any number of final images that are saved for your assignment.
- The images are stored inside a folder named "PT Explorer Student Files" on the desktop, in a folder with your name on it.
Remove any files from the "PT Explorer Student Files" folder that you
want to save. They will be deleted when a different student uses this